Hispanic Service Center provides a variety of services to Imlay City and Lapeer County seniors 55 years and older. Hispanic Service Center works to help seniors remain independent and productive by keeping them informed, safe, and active. We provide seniors with information and opportunities aimed at helping them in their day-to-day living. The goal is to locate community resources within Lapeer County that can help seniors maintain a high quality of life. The Hispanic Service Center provides our participants with the opportunity to be among friends; sharing language and cultural background.
Services provided include:
- Special programs and events for seniors
- In-Home Respite Care: the provision of short-term, temporary relief to those who are caring for family members who might otherwise require permanent placement in nursing homes.
- Senior Citizens Outreach: Bi-weekly, Hispanic Service Center hosts a luncheon for seniors. All seniors are welcome. We provide a healthy lunch featuring traditional Mexican dishes and provide healthy, fun and age-appropriate activities, including health education. Seniors who attend have fun sharing their cultural background and spend time with friends, old and new.
- MMAP program to help with MEDICARE - MEDICAID Insurance problems. Help to understand the DRUG programs and you can make appointments for OPEN ENROLMENT time OCT.15, - DEC. 7 to change to a better product for the following year.
- Partner with (VAAA) Valley Area Agency on Ageing.